SOURCES: mysql.init - fixed bullshit about changing password for mysql_sysa...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 13 17:15:38 CEST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 16:34:31 Jan Rekorajski wrote:

> > this is pointless too, as it's the same user, irregardless of the host?
>
> I think not. Mysql distinguishes user by Host%User so the above may make
> sense.

yes, by access rights,  and access rights area already done by
mysql_system_tables_data.sql file by `service mysql init'.

but password is unique for username....

mysql> show fields from user like '%pass%';
| Field    | Type     | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| Password | char(41) | NO   |     |         |       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show fields from host like '%pass%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

--
glen