SOURCES: mysql.init - fixed bullshit about changing password for mysql_sysa...

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Oct 13 17:22:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> > > this is pointless too, as it's the same user, irregardless of the host?
> >
> > I think not. Mysql distinguishes user by Host%User so the above may make
> > sense.
>
> yes, by access rights,  and access rights area already done by
> mysql_system_tables_data.sql file by `service mysql init'.
>
> but password is unique for username....

Are you sure?

mysql> select  Host,User,Password from user where user = 'mysql';
+-----------+-------+-------------------------------------------+
| Host      | User  | Password                                  |
+-----------+-------+-------------------------------------------+
| localhost | mysql | *2470C0C06DEE42FD1618BB99005ADCA2EC9D1E19 |
| 127.0.0.1 | mysql |                                           |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I have nothing against removing crap from packages, but please test it
first if you want to remove it. I just don't want to wake up with a
mysql install without a password ;)

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?