SPECS: ant.spec - unify java package (template-java.spec)

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Oct 21 23:31:32 CEST 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Paweł Zuzelski wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 of October 2008 22:32:03 Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
>>> If I understand what does "%ghost" mean, you should either revert my
>>> commit and then mark this file as %ghost or revert your commit.
>>
>> perhaps you should first understand how to package a %ghost-ed file?
>
> Perhaps. That is why I asked you.
>
> According to rpm documentation:
>
> 'A %ghost tag on a file indicates that this file is not to be included
> in the package.  It is typically used when the attributes of the file
> are important while the contents is not (e.g. a log file).'
>
> This file *is* going to be included in the package. It is created in
> %install
> section not in %post, so I do not understand why it should be
> %ghosted.

(aside) That should likely be %ghost attribute instead of tag. and
%exclude, not %ghost, is closer to the "not to be included" semantic.
oh well ...

The difference is that %install is run on the build machine,
while %post is run on the install machine.

%ghost was added to accomodate files created by scripts like %post run
during install, as well as to handle permisions on log files that
cannot be packaged on the build machine.

73 de Jeff