INFO: cvs downtime

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Wed Apr 29 13:04:38 CEST 2009

Dnia środa, 29 kwietnia 2009, Mariusz Mazur napisał:
> Dnia środa, 29 kwietnia 2009, Elan Ruusamäe napisał:
> > plz +rw in cvs mode, as i tend to be mentor fixing silly mistakes others
> > commit to specs, checkout each package to fix those will suck
>
> Nope. Even the possibility of RW will go away soon, so you should stop
> relying on it right about now.

Btw: I believe cvs does per directory locking, so even with cvs trying to
commit through the current SPECS can break someone else's checkout (since cvs
won't know it's checking out a file mid-commit) or, in the very unlikely
case, the file itself.

So, committing through SPECS is currently just potentially dangerous, and soon
impossible. Live with it :)

--mmazur