Aktualne PHP powinno wymagać aktualnego pcre, problem z php-eaccelerator

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Dec 2 12:05:59 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:56:32 +0100, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:

>> What's the traffic volume?
>
> 2 of them - big.

>> > It makes difference with apache in memory usage.
>> What's the footprint?
>
> I didn't checked but every php module loaded causes memory usage increase
> of each apache process. Crazy but it's the way apache works.

If you have big traffic you shouldn't use PHP as apache module at all
(as already patrys said). Well, you shouldn't use apache;)

If you have huge traffic you shouldn't even use PLD packages. Do you
know what's the memory footprint and performance loss when using
everything as modules?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>