Re: Aktualne PHP powinno wymagać aktualnego pcre, problem z php-eaccelerator

Pawel Golaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Wed Dec 2 12:15:36 CET 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> >> What's the traffic volume?
> > 2 of them - big.
> >> What's the footprint?
> > I didn't checked but every php module loaded causes memory usage
> > increase of each apache process. Crazy but it's the way apache works.
> If you have big traffic you shouldn't use PHP as apache module at all
> (as already patrys said). Well, you shouldn't use apache;) If you have
> huge traffic you shouldn't even use PLD packages. Do you know what's the
> memory footprint and performance loss when using everything as modules?

Come on - I don't want to argue. You asked, I anwered (these particular
systems are not mine).

There are arguments to make these modules as separate ones.
OTOH "I don't know any systems that don't use session" isn't anything
significant. You can talk about any module like that...

Make performance, memory tests and proof that it's not the right
direction.