packages: ncurses/ncurses.spec - make it build on Titanium, try not to brea...

Marcin Krol hawk at limanowa.net
Tue Feb 2 17:02:45 CET 2010

> hawk: tell your internörs to reconsider trashing the HEAD, kernel.spec's are
> in branches, why can't this be, this is no longer a simple change.
>
> to shadzik: do not remove cc: when replying even if you post gets rejected.

I don't think about it as trashing the HEAD. Being able to use same
spec/branch for both Th and Titanium is very useful from my point of
view - we don't need to merge changes between branches (both ways).

Number of specs where %if "%{pld_release}" macros are used isn't that
big and doesn't make modifying them that hard. I don't ask anyone to
edit/adjust/fix Titanium part of such specs, just forget its there and
focus on Th part.

Arguments like "it makes spec unreadable / harder to edit" doesn't make
any sense to me. I peronally don't find handling multi-distro specs any
harder than regular specs. Not to mention that it also doesn't make any
sense to keep separate branch when one BR or bcond is the only
difference. Granted, there are more complex distro specific changes like
in mentioned openssl.spec, but how many such specs are out there? 4, 5?

Titanium specific kernels are on branches for completly different
reasons and this shouldn't be compared.

M.