packages: ncurses/ncurses.spec - make it build on Titanium, try not to brea...

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Wed Feb 3 13:00:32 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Marcin Krol <hawk at limanowa.net> wrote:
>>> I'd like to know that too. When I've created Titanium I was keeping
>>> separate branches on some specs. That was baad, because I wasn't merging
>>> my changes/updates to HEAD.
>>
>> But that's not our fault, is it? :)
>
> Yes it is. Hawk working on Titanium and not merging his changes because
> of -ENOTIME - bad, some developers are unhappy that they must merge to
> HEAD themselves. So Hawk starts working on HEAD separating Titanium
> specific changes - also bad, some developers are unhappy that Titanium
> stuff is on HEAD despite its separated and doesn't affect Th at all.

Well, until I had to clean up mess in some of the spec files and non-building
packages. Not speaking about some stupid commit war around ac/ti/th/whatever
changes, which would not happen if appropriate changes were kept on a branch.

[...]

>> My point is - in the past it was decided that distro branches are kept
>> on separate
>> branches and it worked in case of Ra, Ac and Th (aka nest)
>
> I'll be honest. Moving all specs to Titanium branch will mean death of
> my fork. I simply have no time to track each and every spec for changes
> to be merged or branch point to be moved. I don't have as much time as I
> had in the past to maintaint PLD. Thats my problem, I agree.

Probably I missed some discussion on irc or pld-devel-pl... but what
is exact purpose of Titanium? Why it started in first place?