cvs mv/cp?

Jan Rękorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Feb 27 01:38:31 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm going to clean up ruby packages, and as it involves a lot of renames,
I wonder what is out current policy on 'cvs mv'.

Are we still playing with server-side copy and client side remove?

I'd much prefer to just 'mv' thing server side, like this:
mv old-package-name new-package-name
mv old-package-name/old-package-name.spec,v new-package-name/new-package-name.spec,v

anyone against?

--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?