PLD-doc: devel-hints-en.txt - notes on Release tag and %rel macro

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Mon Jun 7 14:50:26 CEST 2010

2010/6/7 pawelz <pawelz at pld-linux.org>:
> +   Fractional release (0.1, 0.5, 3.14 etc) means package is not yet ready to
> +   be sent to builders. If you think that package is ready to be build,
> +   increase release to the next integer.

How does this information apply to packages such as open-iscsi which
has a release of 0.%{subver}.%{rel} where subver is from the upstream
project and rel is the pld release incrementor. The reason I ask is
this 0.x.y number looks like a fraction release to me, but it is built
and in the TH tree. How should I have incremented this to indicate
that it isn't ready to be built again yet? Should the rel also be a
fraction? Why the 0. before the subver?

Caleb