Native upstart scripts

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed May 5 12:34:34 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 07:40:43PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> i don't like the idea that the links are managed via some script, i'd like
> easily to boot to upstart-mode or sysvinit-mode with a kernel commandline, or
> something in /etc/sysconfig/system the both solutions should be available and
> configured at the same time.

I thought about that and cannot see how it could be implemented. When
there are upstart configs for some services then Upstart will start them
by the dependencies inside and I cannot see a way to stop this from a
kernel command line and still have the flexibility of which services
should be handled by Upstart and which the old way.

Greets,
        Jacek