kernel-xenU on non-64bit EC2 instance

Paweł Zuzelski pawelz at pld-linux.org
Fri Oct 1 12:10:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010, Caleb Maclennan wrote:
> Alright guys I'm lost. I've been poking around in specs trying to
> figure this out and can't make out what I'm supposed to use or what I
> need to work on if there isn't the right thing available.
>
> I am trying to maintain several TH machines on i386 instances over on
> EC2. They have recently opened up their systems to running custom
> kernels inside the instance using pv-grub. I can't figure out what pld
> kernel package to use for this.
>
> The kernel-xenU package is set to x86_64 only?

Yes, that is because I use xen domU on x86_64 machines only. If you
need xen domU on i686, feel free to add this arch to
kernel-xenU.spec. Any help with this spec will be appreciate.

> The kernel-xen package was last maintained in 2008?

Yes, it is obsolte.

> The kernel package doesn't have xen block drivers.

Yes, other kernels are compiled without xen domU support. Use
kernel-xenU.spec (and please, help to develop/test it on 32 archs).

--
Paweł