CodeIgniter

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:58:56 CEST 2011

Hello all!

I've added a php framework (development) to packages, named CodeIgniter.
It is not perfect (what is perfect?:)), so I've a question, I hope,
anybody will have any idea.
So. I redirect /usr/share/CodeIgniter to /ci (like phpMyAdmin).
In /ci/index.php there are some config settings.
See $application_folder. It says to CI, where should search the applications.

In my home-directory has a CI, in ~/public_html, its index.php:
$application_folder = "/home/users/zsolt/progs/codeigniter/application";

So when I type localhost/~zsolt/index.php/FOO, CI will search its
components in ~/progs/codeigniter/application/{controllers,models,views}
directory.
It's OK. But as I see, CI doesn't handle plus directories in URI (in
browser), so when application_folder is
/home/users/zsolt/progs/codeigniter, the
localhost/~zsolt/index.php/application/FOO doesn't work.

So, I want to know is there any workaround to avoid this problem?
What I wanted it? The application_folder is /home/users, so maybe I
can access my CI programs via localhost/ci/index.php/zsolt/.....
Maybe another way or similar. Any suggestion?

Zsolt