poldek hooks

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 23 18:10:21 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 17:54, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> If you're only interested in a particular
> group of packages, consider faking install-time expansion by calling a
> common shell script in %post or %posttrans.

I am interested in ALL packages, however I don't understand what you
mean by "faking install-time expansion" or what %posttrans is. Could
you explain?

I am specifically trying to port etckeeper to PLD. For example yum has
an API that you can get callbacks pre-transaction and
post-transaction. Apt has command hooks that can be triggered before
and after any call to dpkg (or rpm). Pacman likewise has a hook system
that can invoke something pre/post any upgrade or install.

Caleb