poldek hooks

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 23 18:14:39 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Caleb Maclennan <caleb at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 17:54, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>> If you're only interested in a particular
>> group of packages, consider faking install-time expansion by calling a
>> common shell script in %post or %posttrans.
> I am interested in ALL packages, however I don't understand what you
> mean by "faking install-time expansion" or what %posttrans is. Could
> you explain?

I meant to say that if you don't want to hardcode precise commands in
%post, you could just make it call an external script. But from your
explanation it's not what you want to do.

> I am specifically trying to port etckeeper to PLD. For example yum has
> an API that you can get callbacks pre-transaction and
> post-transaction. Apt has command hooks that can be triggered before
> and after any call to dpkg (or rpm). Pacman likewise has a hook system
> that can invoke something pre/post any upgrade or install.

Yes, other rpm wrappers support triggers. I think the proper way would
be to add these to rpm itself rather than trying to hack them into
poldek.

On the other hand our current rpm (4.5) is not supported by either
rpm5.org or rpm.org.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
I solve problems.