ConsoleKit-0.4.3 doesn't work for PLD, was: Re: Network-Manager nm-applet-0.8.2 is broken.

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Sun Jan 2 23:16:51 CET 2011

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:10:50 +0000
Przemo Firszt <przemo at firszt.eu> wrote:

> Dnia 2010-12-31, pią o godzinie 18:14 +0100, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski
> pisze:
> [..]
> >
> > CK session was not started properly (there are some missing bits in PLD
> > to run it out of a box).
>
> OK, fair enough. Can you be a bit more specific? How I can fix it?
> I have exec ck-launch-session in .xinitrc, but that doesn't make any
> difference.

ck-launch-session seems to be not sufficient anymore. What about
pam_ck_connector? It should open a new ck session on login without any
additional magic...

> > > The attached patch has been found in the debian bug report. It fixes the
> > > issue, but it's a simple revert of the changes that introduced the
> > > problem. It _should_not_ be pushed to the PLD repo without discussion
> > > about possible side effects.
> >
> > There is no reason to revert it.
>
> I'm OK with that. It just worked for me :-)

reducing that patch too:
-        /* don't set is-local here - let the daemon do that */
+        si->is_local = TRUE;
+        si->is_local_is_set = TRUE;
works as well.

--