cdg: shadzik-rw (NEW)

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Jan 27 16:38:28 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Mariusz Mazur <mmazur at kernel.pl> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 of January 2011, Bartosz Taudul wrote:
>> The admision/removal of a CDG member is accomplished by a 2/3 majority
>> vote with a minimum of 50% turnout. Only CDG members vote.
> With the current cdg member's list, any vote will result in at least 50% of
> members getting automatically booted from cdg. So one way or the other we need
> to create a new members list and vote on it.

Does not matter. Rules are rules.

>> > For this example, members that does not exists on that statistics are:
>> So what?
> For a CDG decission to have any legitimacy, the CDG members should reflect the
> currently active developers. So it makes sense to base the updated CDG members
> list on the top commiters list + infrastructure admins.

When a tribe needs to make a decision they don't necessarily ask the
guy who hunts the most.

If you want CDG to be an exact copy of active developers, the whole
point of CDG will be void. There's 20 or so active devs. If they can't
agree on something, we can't ask them to approach the same problem
again only this time with their CDG hats on.

--
Patryk Zawadzki