python3.2+ compiled files

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri May 20 12:34:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 06:08:31PM +0100, Artur Wroblewski wrote:
> There is also
>
>    http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/jA6s9GD0sh2vKRhR2zat
>
> to study.
>
> We could also think about zipping of the modules later...
>
> Anyway, if no one objects then I will finish packaging of Python 3.2
> during the weekend using source files and __pycache__.
>
> Is that OK?

I guess this is a must, anyway…

The problem is that will probably require fixing lots of python-*.spec
files which have:

in their files. That will have to be changed to *.py and __pycache__
added. Maybe we should have some automation for packaging (or not
packaging) __pycache__ and its contents? So it doesn't have to be listed
explicitly for every python package. I am thinking about something like
%find_lang – e.g. %find_pybytcode, or '%py_listmodules modul1e module2'

Greets,
        Jacek