pwdutils gone

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Tue Nov 29 01:08:52 CET 2011

Looking for faillog binary we do not have:/ I see that neither
http://www.thkukuk.de/pam/pwdutils/ is available, nor
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/net/NIS/

Should we go back to something not maintained, but existent? ;)
http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/pld-devel-en/2008-January/019598.html

BTW during systemd upgrade (from upstart) it's the second time I've
noticed disturbing behaviour of rpm on %ghost files: it simply removes
them without repackaging, effectively destroying wtmpx data (other are
less important, but still significant in multiuser environments).

If rpm can't be fixed, I'd go for un%ghosting them.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>