Switch to systemd?

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Nov 29 13:45:07 CET 2011

On 29.11.2011 14:07, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> The question is, should we now start maintaining the third init
> subsystem? Or should we drop anything done for Upstart? Or even drop
> legacy SysVinit support?

in long term, i'd see rc-scripts and systemd both exist
for the sake of systems you do not want to upgrade and want the "old &
stable"

in short term, i wouldn't drop any upstart related code in rc-scripts,
until there is usable systemd

afaik we do not need rc-scripts for systemd to function
and systemd supports running sysv-initscripts itself
(i have not verified that, just read some web pages)

--
glen