Switch to systemd?

Adam Golebiowski adamg at pld-linux.org
Tue Nov 29 14:19:53 CET 2011

W dniu 2011-11-29 13:07, Jacek Konieczny pisze:
> What about current SysVinit scripts. Should we keep them and maintain
> them or start switching everything (including whole rc-scripts) to
> systemd? This can break backward compatibility a lot, but we could gain
> much more consistent (which also means: more reliable and faster) system
> in the end.

I'd drop upstart (don't use/care), but let's keep SysVinit for as long
as it is possible. I prefer to have a solution that is limited
(comparing to systemd) but is known to work in strange situations.

What I am thinking if there won't be any problems in situations like:
- chrooting to a system and attempting to start a service - I boot from
rescuecd but I desperately need to start a service from the system that
is on the disk
- vserver (as was mentioned on -devel-pl)

adamg at pld-linux.org