geninitrd nie wie co to 0ede

Lukasz Glebicki lukaszgl at post.pl
Mon Apr 16 17:53:42 CEST 2012

On Monday 16 of April 2012 11:07:41 Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> On Monday 16 of April 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 of April 2012, Lukasz Glebicki wrote:
> > > Najłatwiej było by przekonać gruba aby korzystał z /dev/grupa/wolumen
> > > lub
> > > /dev/dm-1, ale zawsze je zamienia.
> > >
> > > pozdrawiam
> >
> > Wrzuć jeszcze linuxrc z środka geninitrd.
>
> W ogóle najlepiej było by przenieść dyskusję na pld-devel-en jako, że glen
> może tu pomóc w usprawnieniu tego kodu.

Here is the linuxrc code:

http://pastebin.com/9sMdy2XC

The problem is that I have root partition on LVM which stands on mdadm mirror
array.

After latest changes, geninitrd doesn't generate proper inframfs image.

Grub config contains root=0edc and initrd fails on mounting 0edc.

System hangs on:
http://dug.im/015c5

I have to change 0edc to /dev/datavg/rootlv in grub.conf to boot property.

After analizing of system logs I see that root=0edc was working fine.

My geninitrd: http://pastebin.com/EHYD5Fy8

--
Łukasz Głębicki  mail/rot13:yhxnfmty at cbfg.cy  PLD/Linux Team
gg:246267    Linux Registered User #318551   blekot:{irc,skype}