geninitrd nie wie co to 0ede

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Mon Apr 16 18:24:31 CEST 2012

On 16.04.2012 18:53, Lukasz Glebicki wrote:
> Grub config contains root=0edc and initrd fails on mounting 0edc.
>
> System hangs on:
> http://dug.im/015c5

that root=0edc makes no sense...

14, 197 device is what in your real system?

ls -l /dev| grep 14,|grep 197

also the screenshot does not seem to match any pld geninitrd image, at
least i don't see where /proc/partitions contents could be dumped into
console
and your linuxrc you showed,. doesn't have sulogin enabled, so you could
had typed yourself it (by booting with debuginitrd=sh kernel commandline)

and not clear how /run could not be mounted there, as well why
/proc/partitions is missing

first try geninitrd svn trunk (at least r12546)

if that still fails, attach geninitrd -v ... output

>  I have to change 0edc to /dev/datavg/rootlv in grub.conf to boot property.

why you have cryptic "0edc" anyway, i could understand lilo what
enforces it, but why in grub?

and root= argument itself is optional, if you don't plan to use root
which was present at geninitrd generation time (the root= value is
"burned in" to initrd at generation time)

--
glen