th stable (Re: gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins)

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Fri Apr 20 22:28:52 CEST 2012

> Caleb, "stop trolling"*! You're asking very inconvenient questions :)

Wink wink.

I'm not actually trying to troll or be inconvenient. I'm also not
interested in pointing fingers.

I am a system administrator having a hard time keeping up with all the
broken systems. I think a contributing factor to that is PLD's current
lack of a clear set of release/use/development patterns. I'd like to
see these develop not deteriorate. If we're going to all keep making
use of this thing, our practices as commiters need to at least
gradually grow in both innovation and maintainability.

When things come along that appear to be steps in the opposite of
these directions, I think we should bring them up as something to
solve.

So I'm listening. How does this proposed CVS tagging of RC as HEAD
further these ends? What's the gain? How can we all help?

Caleb