th stable (Re: gimp 2.8.0 rc1, gimp plugins)

Bartosz Świątek shadzik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:07:48 CEST 2012

W dniu 20 kwietnia 2012 20:57 użytkownik Caleb Maclennan
<caleb at pld-linux.org> napisał:
>> well... if you need more stable line, then why not to create one with
>> appropriate
>> branch in CVS? of course, the problem is that somebody needs to maintain that,
>> which I believe is full time job and lack of resources causes the stable branch
>> to freeze. therefore, imho, it is not good idea to link CVS HEAD with stable
>> line - and that was the result of similar discussions in the past if i
>> reckon well.
>>
>> if you need more reassurance, then what about introducing TH-STABLE tag and
>> sending packages to builders only when they are tagged with above?
>
> A tag scheme like that could of course work. Again I would ask ask
> how, other than different tag names, this is different from the status
> quo. Please answer this: what do you see as the advantage to having an
> RC release tagged HEAD instead of DEVEL? How does merging DEVEL into
> HEAD before it's going to be a candidate for FTP make life any
> different for you? What's the motivation? I honestly don't understand
> what you're trying to accomplish and thus I feel like you're
> presenting a solution to something that isn't a problem and thereby
> introducing a problem. Does that make sense?

Caleb, "stop trolling"*! You're asking very inconvenient questions :)

*that's the no. 1 answer to all inconvenient questions.

P.S.
just to make sure we understand each other, I'm on your side, but I
feel that arguing will not change anything, you can have the best
reasoning (and you do) but they won't understand anyway and will
ignore you if you don't agree with them.

--
"I'm living proof if you do one thing right in your career, you can
coast for a long time. A LOOOOONG time." -Guy Kawasaki