Cluster stuff (cman,dlm,heartbeat,corosync,openais,pacemaker,drbd,lvm)

Tomasz Rutkowski alucard at nospheratu.net
Sun Jul 1 17:36:04 CEST 2012

Dnia 2012-07-01, nie o godzinie 15:41 +0200, Jacek Konieczny pisze:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 03:36:57PM +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 10:51:13AM +0200, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > > Does anybody still needs openais 0.80?
> >
> > Updated question: does anybody still need openais at all? It seems not
> > maintained any more and won't build with corosync 2.0… and other stuff
> > seem to expect corosync 2 now…
>
> OK… cluster.spec still needs openais… so it must stay…

cluster.spec was my work of 3rd generation of redhat cluster suite
(dlm+cman+gfs2+rgmanager), there is bcond in lvm2 to complete stack, but
it's already outdated (needs polishing :))

openais 1.x is needed some times, but I belive it's not hard requirement

corosync 1.4.x is now production used, cluster3 and clvmd won't build
with 2.x

however on horizon there is dlm4 dedicated to work with corosync 2 and
in some short future lvm2 should also get to build/work with it

in my work on PLD I'm using cluster3 + clvmd + gfs2 and in another line
corosync 1.4.3 with pacemaker 1.1.6 (+clvmd+gfs2)

so in summary:
if we would like to have pacemaker+cluster3+lvm2 then now we need:
cluster3 have to be line 3.0.x (3.1 won't build with pacemaker)
corosync 1.4.x
pacemaker any

tommorow I'll try to put stuff I have in cvs

with best regards
Tomasz Rutkowski , +48 604 419 913 , e-mail/xmpp: alucard at nospheratu.net