Cluster stuff (cman,dlm,heartbeat,corosync,openais,pacemaker,drbd,lvm)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sun Jul 1 22:13:35 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 05:36:04PM +0200, Tomasz Rutkowski wrote:
> cluster.spec was my work of 3rd generation of redhat cluster suite
> (dlm+cman+gfs2+rgmanager), there is bcond in lvm2 to complete stack, but
> it's already outdated (needs polishing :))

I have replaced this bcond with something more up to date. Currently
'3rd generation redhat cluster suite' is near being outdated.

Keeping old cman and dlm as the default backend for lvmd just does not
make any sense now.

> corosync 1.4.x is now production used, cluster3 and clvmd won't build
> with 2.x

Yes, I found it out the hard way, so let it be corosync 1.4.x in Th for
now.

> however on horizon there is dlm4 dedicated to work with corosync 2 and
> in some short future lvm2 should also get to build/work with it

Yes, but let's not push it into PLD unless all the components are
officially 'stable'. Now corosync 2 itself is ok, pacemaker will build
with that, but there is no openais for it, so no cluster either (unless
we go for the development '4th generation')

> in my work on PLD I'm using cluster3 + clvmd + gfs2 and in another line
> corosync 1.4.3 with pacemaker 1.1.6 (+clvmd+gfs2)

I am going to try corosync 1.4.3 + pacemaker 1.1.7 + clvmd/drbd soon.
corosync+pacemaker already installed on a test cluster and seem to work
fin.

> so in summary:
> if we would like to have pacemaker+cluster3+lvm2 then now we need:
> cluster3 have to be line 3.0.x (3.1 won't build with pacemaker)

What do you mean  by '3.1 won't build with pacemaker'? There was no
pacemaker dependency in cluster.spec

I haven't tried the 3.0.9x versions, though… I don't trust those 'test
releases' in the 'stable branch'.

> corosync 1.4.x
> pacemaker any

I have prepared:

corosync 1.4.3
openais 1.1.4
cluster 3.1.8

lvm builds with all that.

I have also played with pacemaker 1.1 (on branch currently) - after a
bit of patching works with corosync 1.4.3 for me, so I think it could
go to HEAD, unless there is a reason to keep pacemaker 1.0.x. Though,
I don't remember why I use 1.1 and not 1.0 ;)

Greets,
        Jacek