Cluster stuff (cman,dlm,heartbeat,corosync,openais,pacemaker,drbd,lvm)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Jul 3 13:50:29 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:15:18AM +0200, Tomasz Rutkowski wrote:

> > What do you mean  by '3.1 won't build with pacemaker'? There was no
> > pacemaker dependency in cluster.spec
> >

> well, if You would like to control dlm space from within pacemaker You
> need daemon dlm_controld.pcmk - this one is build from cluster3 suite
> with pacemaker's files, perhaps You have made it build with 3.1 line,
> I haven't investigate much [at all I mean] why it's not building...
> (and You need dlm space for clvmd as far as I'm concerned)

I was working from I have found in the cluster.spec… there was not
Pacemaker dependency that and nothing failed with my Pacemaker.

As far as clvmd is concerned… I was not able to make it work with
Pacemaker/corosync - yes that was probably the 'dlm_controld.pcmk'
thing, but even Google couldn't help much (documentation for dlm/clvmd
that is available is close to nothing). And I don't quite understand how
the packages from cluster.spec are split (a dlm_conrold binary is in th
group subpackage which pulls cman… but I didn't want cman and it didn't
work anyway). Though, I was able to run clvmd with Pacemaker/openais/corosync
and it seems that will be a good enough solution for me. openais does
not look that scary as the stuff from cluster.spec ;)

I can see place for improvement, though.

Greets,
        Jacek