Cluster stuff (cman,dlm,heartbeat,corosync,openais,pacemaker,drbd,lvm)

Tomasz Rutkowski alucard at nospheratu.net
Tue Jul 3 10:15:18 CEST 2012

Dnia 2012-07-01, nie o godzinie 22:13 +0200, Jacek Konieczny pisze:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 05:36:04PM +0200, Tomasz Rutkowski wrote:
> > cluster.spec was my work of 3rd generation of redhat cluster suite
> > (dlm+cman+gfs2+rgmanager), there is bcond in lvm2 to complete stack, but
> > it's already outdated (needs polishing :))
>
> I have replaced this bcond with something more up to date. Currently
> '3rd generation redhat cluster suite' is near being outdated.
>
> Keeping old cman and dlm as the default backend for lvmd just does not
> make any sense now.

sorry, I'm on my vacations right now and family goes first... :)
true, cluster2 line is outdated enough

> What do you mean  by '3.1 won't build with pacemaker'? There was no
> pacemaker dependency in cluster.spec

well, if You would like to control dlm space from within pacemaker You
need daemon dlm_controld.pcmk - this one is build from cluster3 suite
with pacemaker's files, perhaps You have made it build with 3.1 line,
I haven't investigate much [at all I mean] why it's not building...
(and You need dlm space for clvmd as far as I'm concerned)

> I have also played with pacemaker 1.1 (on branch currently) - after a
> bit of patching works with corosync 1.4.3 for me, so I think it could
> go to HEAD, unless there is a reason to keep pacemaker 1.0.x. Though,
> I don't remember why I use 1.1 and not 1.0 ;)

me neither :)

Tomasz Rutkowski , +48 604 419 913 , e-mail/xmpp: alucard at nospheratu.net