packages: xen/xen-watchdog.init, xen/xen.spec, xen/xenconsoled.init, xen/xe...

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Jun 4 18:15:16 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 06:02:44PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On 04.06.2012 17:48, mmazur wrote:
> > Author: mmazur                       Date: Mon Jun  4 14:48:55 2012 GMT
> > Module: packages                      Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - rel 4
> > - remove the lsb-style init stanzas from init scripts; our chkconfig is too
> >    old to support it and if we ever upgraded, then magically xen would stop
> >    booting correctly
> this is not true. we "support" them, via systemd sysv emulation

And removing some functionality, because 'we don't support it right now'
does not sound like a good idea. If an upgrade can cause problems then
this should be handled by a trigger in the upgraded package.

Even if now most Th and other PLD-based system ignore that information
it does not mean it is not useful for anyone. I say no for removing
information from packages.

Greets,
        Jacek