packages: xen/xen-watchdog.init, xen/xen.spec, xen/xenconsoled.init, xen/xe...

Mariusz Mazur mmazur at kernel.pl
Tue Jun 5 11:30:50 CEST 2012

On Mon of June 4 2012, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> And removing some functionality, because 'we don't support it right now'
> does not sound like a good idea. If an upgrade can cause problems then
> this should be handled by a trigger in the upgraded package.
>
> Even if now most Th and other PLD-based system ignore that information
> it does not mean it is not useful for anyone. I say no for removing
> information from packages.

I've removed it to save other people the trouble once someone upgrades
chkconfig. I'm not willing to try to figure out how this works and how to fix
it, since it's not functionality that I have any use for. What I can do is can
revert the change, but that would be with the assumption that I'm leaving it
buggy as-is and it's going to be someone else's problem (when it stops
working) some time in the future. Are you two both sure it's a preferable
alternative? In something as important as xen?

--mmazur