mime.types.conf int lighttpd

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 20 19:45:50 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> > > i proposed a solution, is that fix acceptable?
> > Will it destroy _working_ configurations?
> > If "yes" (IMvHO it's the case) then - it's not acceptable.
> new %config(noreplace) is deployed as .rpmnew, so no, if you made changes to
> that file

"working" doesn't mean "changed"
Most people don't need to touch that config.

Make it commented out, don't break working sites.

> > If this that option is apaches "add default charset" equivalent - you have
> > anwer from me and baggins.
> it's equivalent yes, so same issues are present there

It's not acceptable then. Like in apache. You had that answer earlier.

> > What is the _rationale_ for that change?
> utf-8 as default encoding, to all documents. there's no way specify
> encoding as html tag for .txt files

Why should it be? In most cases users don't need to display plain txt
files. They need working meta tags in html.

> > What more do you want to know??
> i wanted to know is that change acceptable, or you still find that me
> breaking your window and violating your cat.

I don't care cats - leave my dog :P