gedit2 (Re: CVS rename for nautilussvn)

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Mon May 7 14:01:47 CEST 2012

2012/5/6 Elan Ruusamäe <glen at pld-linux.org>:
> feel free to merge gedit2.spec to gedit.spec (and drop the former), just
> remember to handle obsoletes properly

As a latecomer to CVS (backporting my knowledge of VCS from
subversion, git, etc) I am not sure which button to push here. Since
these two specs aren't a branch scenario, merge doesn't seem like the
right option to me and I wouldn't know how to do it if it was.
Shouldn't this be 1) remove the current gedit module 2) rename gedit2
to gedit and 3) cleanup the spec, setup obsoletes, and go through
other specs for dependency issues?

If so, I can take care of #3 if somebody else does the cvs server side
stuff in #1 and #2.

If not, then I have no idea what I'm doing.

Caleb