rpm5 triggers

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 28 18:53:23 CET 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>

> > Nothing in those patches touch execution of triggers, so it must be
> > something in rpm5 itself that changed.
>
> The diagnostic reasoning is faulty because it doesn't lead anywhere.
>
> I have yet to hear what the test is/was.

Test is simple:

test.spec contains:

%triggerin -- lighttpd
set -x
echo "#: $#"
echo "1: $1"
echo "2: $2"

Now if lighttpd is already installed then when installing test package
$1 and $2 should be 1, but $1 is 0 in rpm5 (contrary to documentation).
Same if test is already installed and installing lighttpd package, this
time $2 is 0 in rpm5.

Looks like those args are calculated incorrectly.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/