rpm5 triggers

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Wed Nov 28 18:59:21 CET 2012

On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:53 PM, Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>

>> On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Nothing in those patches touch execution of triggers, so it must be
>>> something in rpm5 itself that changed.
>>
>> The diagnostic reasoning is faulty because it doesn't lead anywhere.
>>
>> I have yet to hear what the test is/was.
>
> Test is simple:
>
> test.spec contains:
>
> %triggerin -- lighttpd
> set -x
> echo "#: $#"
> echo "1: $1"
> echo "2: $2"
>
> Now if lighttpd is already installed then when installing test package
> $1 and $2 should be 1, but $1 is 0 in rpm5 (contrary to documentation).
> Same if test is already installed and installing lighttpd package, this
> time $2 is 0 in rpm5.
>
> Looks like those args are calculated incorrectly.

The test is _NOT_ simple because triggers fire depending
on what is installed and present in an rpmdb.

There are also failure modes when the retrieval, not
the calculation, are incorrect.

Again the starting point is -vv output, and then verifying
the retrievals are actually correct by adding "debug" to the
Triggername index:
	%_dbi_config_3_Triggername %{_dbi_btconfig} %{?_bt_dupsort}

Premature guessing isn't going to solve any RPM problems. And I
have no idea what your rpmdb contains.

73 de Jeff