rpm-5.4.10-22.i686 loops forever when installing ntpd-4.2.6p5-5.i686.rpm

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Fri Nov 30 14:57:23 CET 2012

On Nov 30, 2012, at 7:41 AM, Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org> wrote:

> And so it happens that the problem had nothing to do with database, see
> http://git.pld-linux.org/?

Well it has nothing to do with Berkeley DB, but …

> p=packages/rpm.git;a=commit;h=d2ec8f01d4cbb82f79d8abc51f26506a58162d9c
> for gory details.

… if the attached patch to add the namespace comparison
is "fixing", then the error message is hiding the fact
that some namespace is matching the conflict unexpectedly
erroneously.

Good: there is a fix. I thought this had been patched already?
Were there other locations that needed to include the namespace
comparison?

The actual namespace and the intended semantic should be identified also:
PLD is doing something different than other distros.

Nothing wrong with different than other distros at all: I am
trying to understand what is needed before bug claims start.

73 de Jeff