GRUB2 changes, introducing EFI

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sun Oct 28 18:48:59 CET 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 07:27:26PM +0200, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 06:19:58PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > Can you test the GRUB/EFI installation with standard PLD kernel?
>
> What ISO should I burn for the starters?

Oops… that is not that easy ;) I have assumed you are familiar with PLD Linux…

We don't have any 'installation' or 'Live' ISO images, the system is
usually installed via chroot from already running system.

If you really want to try, you may start with: http://rescuecd.pld-linux.org/
Then chroot install of current PLD Th packages, installation of the
newest grub2 from th-test and the rest as I wrote in previous mails.

But if you are not familiar with PLD Linux yet… then I guess you should
start with installing some plain PLD first. Then, if you still are eager
to help (most people run away at this point), you can try the EFI
testing or anything.

Greets,
        Jacek