GRUB2 changes, introducing EFI

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sun Oct 28 19:06:28 CET 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 06:48:59PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > What ISO should I burn for the starters?
> Oops... that is not that easy ;) I have assumed you are familiar with PLD Linux...

Rather theoretically, I st^H^Hborrowed a *lot* of PLD specs
and patches into ALT Linux packages over the years and I like
your approach very much :)  (hence my lurking here, actually)

> We don't have any 'installation' or 'Live' ISO images, the
> system is usually installed via chroot from already running
> system.
>
> If you really want to try, you may start with: http://rescuecd.pld-linux.org/
> Then chroot install of current PLD Th packages, installation of the
> newest grub2 from th-test and the rest as I wrote in previous mails.
>
> But if you are not familiar with PLD Linux yet... then I guess
> you should start with installing some plain PLD first. Then, if
> you still are eager to help (most people run away at this
> point), you can try the EFI testing or anything.

I can fall into swap in addition to simply running away :(
The PLD Rescue CD is also one of the most liked parts so far,
so maybe there's a chance of getting through.

Thank you for the hints, and if you get around to some kind
of more or less pristine chroot tarball it might help (I'm also
willing to discuss installers as that's what I'm hacking on at
times but that's pretty much another topic).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>