rpm 5.x in Th

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun Sep 23 10:43:08 CEST 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 16:21:22 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> Noone is asking for --ropllback: why should I bother? I
> certainly know what is/was intended and implemented.
>
> Adding logs for all file system content ends up
> saving (at least) 3 copies of all content:

Well, I might be wrong, but I think Lukasz expects something like
rpm -Uvh /var/spool/repackage/[date range reversed]*/* --force --nomd5
only - i.e. not actual transactions rollback, but package set restore
(in proper order, thus preserving dependencies).

Restoring filesystem state (including things altered by triggers etc.)
is indeed dm/filesystem/backup software job and there's no point simulating
it on one more level.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>