rpm 5.x in Th

Łukasz Chrustek lukasz at chrustek.net
Sun Sep 23 23:54:27 CEST 2012

Hello,

>> I do not understand your distinction.
>>
>> How is --rollback to be performed if operations are
>> only partially reversed?
>>

> i'm sure people want just to get old package back, to revert human
> mistake of upgrading or some other reason for downgrade, because package
> is misbehaving, not wanting perfect rollback like filesystem rollback.

Yes,  that  was exacly the point. I simply forget to dump databases on
testing  env  when upgrading postgres from 9.1 to 9.2. In this (rather
simple)  case  I  took the three repackaged rpms and did --oldpackage.
With  --rollback,  I  could  earlier do this without searching rpms in
/var/spool/repackage.

> call it something else than "rollback", if it hurts your perfect world

Or  remove  -  if  leaving this option would lead to making some magic
with some filesystems :).

--
Pozdrawiam,
 Łukasz Chrustek