PLD New Rescue ??? current th-main based build

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Fri Dec 13 17:48:56 CET 2013

On 2013-12-07 01:41, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 09:12:22AM +0100, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
>> And memtest does not load during uefi boot.
>
> http://memtest86.com/download.htm#free
>
> Note that UEFI-capable V5 became proprietary, at least so far...

I don't think its license allows me to include that in my PLD NR images.

> 0171-Enable-linux16-on-non-BIOS-systems-for-i.a.-memtest.patch
> in fedora's grub2 might be interesting to you.

I have applied this patch to our GRUB, but it doesn't work. And now
I think it couldn't work – it is not just booting a 16-bit binary, that
binary still expects BIOS and BIOS-initialized environment (e.g. not
an EFI frame buffer for output).

Greets,
	Jacek