PLD New Rescue -- current th-main based build

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Fri Dec 13 18:15:15 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 05:48:56PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> >> And memtest does not load during uefi boot.
> > http://memtest86.com/download.htm#free
> > Note that UEFI-capable V5 became proprietary, at least so far...
> I don't think its license allows me to include that in my PLD NR images.

Ask upstream, looks like they've been rather reluctant to mess
with license text actively -- I've packaged a permission to do
whatever I want into README.ALT as provided by David.

> > 0171-Enable-linux16-on-non-BIOS-systems-for-i.a.-memtest.patch
> > in fedora's grub2 might be interesting to you.
> I have applied this patch to our GRUB, but it doesn't work. And
> now I think it couldn't work -- it is not just booting a 16-bit
> binary, that binary still expects BIOS and BIOS-initialized
> environment (e.g. not an EFI frame buffer for output).

I didn't even get to try it out (maybe could work on UEFI with
CSM enabled but that's not something one can count on, and plain
memtest86+ could be booted via CSM just as well then).

Should have told that too, sorry :-/

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info