perl packages duplicating main functionality

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu May 9 16:53:48 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 01:54:31PM +0200, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any real reason why we have a lot of perl packages that
> duplicate modules/functionality of main perl distribution?

With perl 5.16 they are probably not needed.
But some packages require newer versions than exist in base perl
5.12 distribution.

> I'm asking because I'm going to remove all of those from Th, because they
> cause build problems and incompatibilities (vim vs perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS,
> apache-mod_perl vs perl-Module-CoreList).

Problematic modules could be removed after checking BR list for
versioned dependencies with versions newer than in perl provided in Th.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/