PLD New Rescue

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Nov 19 08:38:59 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 00:09:20 +0200
Michael Shigorin <mike at osdn.org.ua> wrote:
> I haven't really succeeded in making ALT ISO images bootable from
> both CD/DVD and USB Flash without duplicating kernel and initrd
> for alternative EFI boot image (pretending to be a fake partition
> after hybridization) so far, did you consider loading ISO9660 EFI
> driver to reuse main image contents?

I don't have to. Nothing is duplicated on my image.

I was thinking about adding the ISO9660 EFI but no I don't have a reason
for that.

> > The first release, here:
> > 	https://github.com/Jajcus/pld-new-rescue/releases/tag/th2012-0.1
>
> Downloaded; boots fine in kvm but oopses on ASUS UX31A (i7-3517
> known to work under opensuse-based 3.0 and 3.4 built by my kernel
> hacker colleague), both UEFI and CSM cases.  UEFI photo is here:
> http://fly.osdn.org.ua/~mike/img/misc/PNR-UX31A.jpg

Thanks for the information. I would be surprised if it boots everywhere.
Looks like some kernel/driver problem. I will release a new set of
images, based on current PLD Th soon – maybe that will work better.
I am also considering using the kernel-rescuecd package instead of the
full featured PLD kernel which is used now.

> > Please give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Maybe you'll find some packages I've added to ALT Linux Rescue useful:
> http://git.altlinux.org/people/mike/packages/?p=mkimage-profiles.git;a=tree;f=pkg.in/lists/tagged;hb=HEAD
> (*rescue* pkglists)

I'll check that out. Thanks.

Greets,