PLD New Rescue

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue Nov 19 10:28:36 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 08:38:59AM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > did you consider loading ISO9660 EFI driver to reuse main
> > image contents?
> I don't have to. Nothing is duplicated on my image.  I was
> thinking about adding the ISO9660 EFI but no I don't have
> a reason for that.

Great, will hopefully borrow that :)  Noted the difference
in the number of partitions, my setup ends up with two GPT
partitions within a hybrid ISO made this way:

http://git.altlinux.org/people/mike/packages/?p=mkimage.git;a=blob;f=tools/mki-copy-efiboot;h=58f70a4746c72b9e2d3758a7d8d67d726e3a2fa4;hb=HEAD#l189
(.efiboot.img)

http://git.altlinux.org/people/mike/packages/?p=mkimage.git;a=blob;f=tools/mki-pack-isoboot;h=85ca988c6aab94e3c44e64519baf2231e39d8d24;hb=HEAD#l77
(xorriso ... -isohybrid-mbr /usr/lib/syslinux/isohdpfx.bin
-partition_offset 16 -eltorito-alt-boot -e EFI/.efiboot.img
-no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat ...)

and is booted with ELILO (that one is also convenient as a second
shim for restrictedboot case as it only boots Linux kernels but
doesn't just LoadImage() them so there's no need to sign those;
shim-0.5 has broken this intentionally but I'm pretty happy with
0.4 one).

> > Downloaded; boots fine in kvm but oopses on ASUS UX31A (i7-3517
> Thanks for the information. I would be surprised if it boots everywhere.

I'll recheck on my UEFI stand (AMD C60 mITX board).  Purged older
kernels during an accident leaving me with no kernels installed
at all so can't share the config file, sorry -- 3.10 one is handy.

> Looks like some kernel/driver problem. I will release a new set of
> images, based on current PLD Th soon -- maybe that will work better.
> I am also considering using the kernel-rescuecd package instead
> of the full featured PLD kernel which is used now.

Up to you, I chose to go with stock kernels (given these have
aufs onboard).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info