Missing kernel packages from TH repos

Caleb Maclennan caleb at pld-linux.org
Thu Oct 10 18:57:55 CEST 2013

I tried to do an install via Rescue CD and poldek --root the other day
only to discover that apparently a lot of packages (including the
kernel) are missing from the current main TH ftp repository.

What's the deal with this? How is anybody supposed to get a system up
and running without a way to bootstrap (CRI images are hopelessly old)
and without a complete current repository to do a full base system
install from? Even knowing the system will I can't figure out how I'm
supposed to proceed!

Sorry this is half a question half a rant. I'm a bit frustrated with
half a dozen systems to replace.

Caleb