Questions about removed VCS permissions

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sun Sep 21 16:09:20 CEST 2014

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014, Marcin Krol wrote:

> > What you should really be surprised is that auto-taging worked
> > for so long after the fork.
>
> Not really. I was asking twice for leaving these permissions - first
> time when TLD was forked in 2007 and second time in 2012 when I've
> updated TLD builder SSH key after git migration.
>
> > There is nothing in it for PLD,
> > it's just pollution in git namespace, and was removed as part
> > of normal operations/cleanup.
>
> I see. My SSH keys removal was also part of normal operations/cleanup?
> I'm just curious.

I have no knowledge about this.

> Anyway. If someone had access to something for many years it would be
> nice to at least inform him that these permissions will be removed.
>
> I also hope that PLD developers are allowed to create tags in PLD git if
> these are needed for their developement process? Just being curious again.

Well, sure they can. But I have strong feeling here that you're asking
this in preparation to circumvent ACL removal, please don't.

If you wan't to contribute to and work on PLD we'll be more than happy,
but if your purpose is to just use the infrastructure to build your
private project please try doing this in unobtrusive way.

--
Jan Rękorajski                                 | PLD/Linux
SysAdm                                         | http://www.pld-linux.org/