python

Mateusz Korniak mateusz-lists at ant.gliwice.pl
Thu Apr 23 10:04:21 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 22 April 2015 20:48:51 Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > Also, pip is the blessed way of installing the modules now, see
> >
> >     https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0453/#abstract
>
> Yeah… blessed by developers, who don't care about system consistency
> We could probably minimize the damages pip can do (...)

PIP can be easily used inside any Python virtual environment when really
needed, so IMHO, there is no need to propagate PIP mess system wide, and we
should system-wide installs be from rpms only by default.

Not only many versions of same packages is problem with PIP, but we also lose
track of library dependencies in binary packages.

--
Mateusz Korniak
"(...) mam brata - poważny, domator, liczykrupa, hipokryta, pobożniś,