noarch main package, arch subpackage?

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Mar 24 21:58:06 CET 2015

On Mar 24, 2015, at 3:53 PM, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:

> it's possible to create noarch subpackage with rpm5,
> but what if the main package (%files) ought to be noarch but some subpackage to be arch package?
>
> example:
> https://github.com/pld-linux/gnome-themes-standard/blob/auto/th/gnome-themes-standard-3.14.2.3-1/gnome-themes-standard.spec#L96-L118
>
> here gnome-themes-standard and gnome-themes-standard-accessibility are noarch, but only gtk2-theme-engine-adwaita subpackage contains arch specific files...

Try-and-see ... my guess is that you can have per-arch or noarch subpackages
however you wish (but its been like 8-10y since I wrote the code, -ENOCLUE).

You can always have a per-arch main package that has no files (and no %files
means that there will be no binary package produced) and then add another
subpackage that specifies noarch that contains the content that was originally
contained in the main package. You likely have to rename the main package,
and that new name will appear in the *.src.rpm propagated into the subpackages.

hth

73 de Jeff