how rpm destroyed my private key

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 20:09:58 CEST 2016

On Apr 27, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> So why are you claiming RPM "destroyed" your secret_key.php file when you are misusing
> 	%config(noreplace)
> with expectations of behavior that have never been implemented, and cannot be implemented
> because there is no reference copy of metadata information needed to compute "modified", and
> are in general confusing %config handling with --nooverwrite behavior?

Let's try and make this positive, shall we?

I suspect that if you registered a closer (including secret_key.php)  approximation to the existing
installed (but unmanaged) files, that some of your expectations with %config(noreplace) renaming
might Just Work.

What I am suggesting is using --justdb --noscripts --notriggers on the v2 package before attempting an upgrade.

That might (entirely untested) provide a reference point to compute "modified" that will trigger
%config renaming when you reinstall (or erasing with --repackage) the v2 package.

Expecting --repackage of the v1 package to somehow preserve secret_key.php (which isn't
included in the v1 package) to preserve the file does not make any sense whatsoever.

It would not be too hard to add a %nooverwrite (or %noclobber) attribute to spec files
and packages (but I suspect that there is a vanishingly small usage case).

hth

73 de Jeff